COVID-19: information for businesses
The worldwide outbreak of COVID-19 has many implications for companies doing business in Chile and the Netherlands. To inform you in the best way possible, we’ve made this overview page. On this page, you can find useful information about the measures in Chile, recent reports and links to important websites. You’ll find the information below.
To stay informed about the situation in Chile and read more about the measures that are being taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, we recommend the following websites:
- Official information from the Chilean government: https://www.gob.cl/coronavirus/ (in Spanish)
- About the Chilean containment measures: https://www.gob.cl/coronavirus/plandeaccion/ (in Spanish)
- Travel advice and more information about the Chilean situation: https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/documenten/vragen-en-antwoorden/reisadvies-chili (in Dutch)
- Information from the Dutch government about COVID-19: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19 (in English)
- Global information from the OECD: https://www.oecd.org/coronavirus/en/#policy-responses (in English)
- OECD iLibrary with all content related to the global coronavirus crisis: https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org (in English)
Support plans and measures for entrepreneurs
In Chile, COVID-19 has been defined as a constitutional state of emergency due to public calamity. In this context, the Chilean Government announced an Emergency Economic Plan to deal with its effects. Specifically, these measures intend to provide economic support mainly to small and medium companies, workers and their families. This initiative seeks to mobilize resources of US$ 11.7 billion (approx. 4.7% of Chile’s annual GDP).
- The complete Chilean Emergency Economic Plan can be found on: https://www.gob.cl/planeconomicoemergencia/ (in Spanish)
- The Chilean government implemented a new Labor Protection Act to protect workers whose labor sources have been impacted by the health crisis generated by the Coronavirus. More information: http://www.protecciondelempleo.cl/ (in Spanish)
- A summary of the economic measures in Chile can be found here (in English).
- Deloitte published an article about the implications of these economic measures. You can download it here (in Spanish).
- The OECD summarized the fiscal measures in Chile: https://www.oecd.org/coronavirus/en/#policy-responses (in English)
- The Dutch government has announced a number of measures and settlements as well. You can find them on the website of the Chamber of Commerce: https://www.kvk.nl/corona/het-coronavirus-check-hier-je-regelingen/ (in Dutch)
- The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) shares a lot of information about the measures taken by the Dutch government. They update their website regularly and have a newsletter to keep you informed about the latest news: https://english.rvo.nl/coronavirus (in English) & https://www.rvo.nl/coronavirus/veelgestelde-vragen-zakendoen-en-coronavirus-land (in Dutch)
How can the Embassy help?
The Embassy of the Netherlands in Santiago de Chile continuously informs Dutch citizens about the current situation in Chile and tries to help them with all their COVID-19 related questions:
- Official website: https://www.paisesbajosytu.nl/su-pais-y-los-paises-bajos/chile (in Spanish)
- They send out e-mails with the latest information on a weekly basis. You can register for this official ‘information service’ here: https://informatieservice.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/ (in Dutch)
- On their Facebook page, they regularly share travel information and updates about new measures: https://www.facebook.com/EmbajadaHolandaChile/ (in Dutch)
- Business related questions about the corona crisis can be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can Holland House Chile do for you?
We understand that these are difficult and uncertain times for businesses everywhere, and want to help you in the best way possible. If you have any questions about doing business in Chile and/or The Netherlands, please send them to email@example.com and we will be in touch with you shortly!
In the following weeks, we’ll keep organizing webinars and digital events to discuss new developments in the corona crisis and help you to prepare for the future. We will also keep sharing reports and articles that might be relevant to you and your colleagues.
Reports and other useful information
At Holland House Chile, we receive a lot of interesting reports and whitepapers about different aspects of the impact of the corona crisis in Chile. Below, you can find a list of reports and articles that might be of use. We’ll update this list on a weekly basis:
- Chilean Economic Report – Cámara Chileno Británica (July 2020)
- Covid-19 impacts on the European and global economy – ING Economics Department (15-7)
- Employment Outlook 2020: Facing the jobs crisis – OECD (7-7)
- European Economic Forecast – European Commission (July 2020)
- Impact of COVID-19 on the economy and FDI – InvestChile (25-6)
- Executive Summary: Impact of COVID-19 on the economy and FDI – InvestChile (25-6)
- Trade falls steeply in first half of 2020 – WTO (22-6)
- Emergency Plan to Protect Family Incomes and Boost the Economy and Employment – Ministerio de Hacienda (16-6)
- World Economic Outlook Update – IMF (June 2020)
- OECD Economic Outlook – June 2020: The world economy on a tightrope (12-6)
- The world’s new Covid-19 epicenter could be the worst yet – CNN (30-5)
- Has covid-19 killed globalisation? – The Economist (14-5)
- The impact of COVID-19 on Global and Dutch Economy – ING (14-5)
- NLinBusiness Global Survey Corona report (14-5)
- Unprecedented collapse in CLIs in most major economies – OECD (12-5)
- Coronavirus impact – Moody’s investors service (7-5)
- Impact of COVID-19 on the economy and FDI – InvestChile (24-4)
- COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: an overview of government responses to the crisis – OECD (15-4)
- The Economy in the Time of Covid-19 – World Bank (12-4)
- Latin America and the Caribbean and the COVID-19 pandemic – United Nations (3-4)
- How has COVID-19 impacted commercial fleets? – Webfleet Solutions (3-4)
- World Economic Outlook, April 2020: Chapter 1 – IMF (April)
- Findings global survey impact COVID-19 on Dutch businesses – NLinBusiness (30-3)
- How the Pandemic Will End – The Atlantic (25-3)
- COVID-19 and Conflict: Seven Trends to Watch – International Crisis Group (24-3)
- How Pandemics Change History – The New Yorker (3-3)
- Afectación Industrias por Región COVID-19 – Ministerio Economía, Fomento y Turismo (10-7)
- Air France retoma vuelos a Chile (4-6)
- Soluciones al impacto del Covid-19 en la gestión de inventario – Slimstock (1-6)
- Informe sobre el impacto económico en América Latina y el Caribe de la enfermedad por coronavirus – CEPAL (28-5)
- COVID-19: Gestionando el flujo de caja en un periodo de crisis – Deloitte (30-4)
- Gestión de capital de trabajo y flujo de caja – Deloitte (30-4)
- Coronavirus en Chile: análisis comparativo con otros países – InvestChile (19-4)
- Presentación webinar #investchile – InvestChile (24-4)
- Medidas coronavirus Chile – update 21-4-2020 – Embassy of the Netherlands (21-4)
- Informe Derecho Laboral – SL Abogadas (21-4)
- Soluciones de asistencia de Amicorp durante el COVID-19 – Amicorp (16-4)
- ¿Que pasara con el Comercio internacional de Chile post Covid-19? – Econsult (15-4)
- El Comercio Internacional de Chile en el mundo post Covid-19 – SUBREI (15-4)
- Impact Coronavirus Chili Países Bajos y Embajada (8-4)
- Plan económico emergencia Chile (5-4)
- ¿Cómo ha impactado COVID-19 en las flotas comerciales? – Webfleet Solutions (3-4)
- COVID-19 Ahora y Después? – Expense Reduction Analysts (2-4)
- Informe de Política Monetaria Marzo 2020 – Banco Central de Chile (2-4)
- Medidas fiscales y ecónomicas ante COVID-19 en Latinoamérica – Deloitte (31-3)
- LEY COVID-19 – Deloitte Legal
- Aprobación Ley de Teletrabajo – Deloitte Legal
- Ley N 21.131 Pago a 30 días – Deloitte Audit & Assurance
Read more about the impact of the coronavirus on the entire export sector and the economic measures taken by the cabinet on the special corona page of Atradius via this link.
Evofenedex about the coronavirus
What can you do if your company is directly or indirectly affected by the coronavirus? Here you will find the most frequently asked questions and a selection of recent articles.
FME reporting & information point for coronavirus
FME, the business organization for the technology industry, has a reporting and information point for entrepreneurs who are adversely affected by the coronavirus.
Port of Rotterdam
The Port of Rotterdam publishes all relevant information about COVID-19 here. In addition, entrepreneurs can view the newsletter on this page that provides weekly updates about the coronavirus (in NL and ENG).
KVK on the coronavirus
The Chamber of Commerce shows what you as an entrepreneur should know about the coronavirus here.
Koninklijke Metaalunie on the coronavirus
Koninklijke Metaalunie supports Dutch SME entrepreneurs in the Metal industry with the consequences of the coronavirus on this page.
ING on the impact of the coronavirus on the economy
ING is a Dutch bank, founded in 1881. They maintain a blog on this page with the economic consequences of the coronavirus in the Netherlands.
MKB-Nederland on the coronavirus
All information about the coronavirus is collected by MKB-Nederland on this page.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs keeps track of travel advice here. If you are in a country where departing is no longer possible, you can register here. This is a joint initiative of the travel industry, insurers, airlines, and the government to help stranded Dutch travelers.
The Dutch government on the coronavirus
On this page, the Dutch government shows which measures are being taken against the coronavirus at the national level. Also letters to parliament with regard to the virus are placed here.
RIVM on the coronavirus
The National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) provides advice and information about the disease with referrals to Q & As and the spread of the coronavirus here. In addition, RIVM has made an up-to-date Q&A page available here. And here you can follow the spread of the coronavirus all over the world.
In addition, RIVM this page up-to-date with the course of action for (company) doctors. The appendix ‘Abro-infact messages’ is very useful for company doctors.
RVO on the coronavirus
The RVO has created a list of frequently asked questions for a number of countries, this was done in collaboration with the of Foreign Affairs and the international network of embassies and consulates-general.
VNO-NCW on the coronavirus
This is what our partner VNO-NCW released about the coronavirus.
Now that all events have been canceled or postponed, various institutions are switching to webinars. On the website of NLinBusiness, you can find an overview of webinars that may be relevant.